Effective Date: November 3, 2010
1. What information may be collected by ArchivAll, and how is it collected?
Type of Information We Collect. We collect any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way (such as through an email, survey, or letter). The information that we collect varies depending upon how you use our Site. For example, our account registration process requires that you provide us with your user name and email address, and that you create and provide us with a password. We may also request other information, such as but not limited to, your actual first and last name. You may make changes, corrections, or updates to some PII provided through this Site which we use for communications with you, by visiting the "Edit My Profile" page on the ArchivAll website. We may keep a record of all information that is changed (including deletions) and disclose it for any lawful purpose. We may determine what may be changed (e.g., if we are required to keep track of certain kinds of transactions, you may not change relevant information).
Information in Public Areas of the Site. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of the Site, such as the user profile pages or forums, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others. We therefore advise visitors not to disclose contact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instant messenger address (within these public areas) that they do not wish to share. We are not responsible for PII you choose to submit in these public areas. Also, we may highlight content you post to the public areas of the Site such as reviews or comments, such as by featuring your content on the Site's home page.
Minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 14, do not attempt to register for our Site or send any information about yourself to us. We recommend that prospective users between the ages of 14 and 17 ask their parents or other legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use "cookies." Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. We use persistent, identifying cookies to remember your information and to link your activities to you. While you can take steps to warn off, block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not function and appear as we have designed it. Nonetheless, if you want to take these steps, you can do so by following the instructions associated with your browser. Our cookies do not collect PII that you provide to us during the registration process, but they do collect other information such as the following:
- the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to ours;
- the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- your computer's IP address and information about its operating system, platform and the Web browser type and version you use;
- demographic and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you; and
- information to combat fraud or misuse.
Pixel Tags. In our emails to you, we may use "pixel tags" to determine if your email software or service can display html-formatted email (this helps us optimize the size of our email messages and conserve bandwidth).
Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests. From time to time, we may host a promotion or contest on the Site. You may be asked to provide personal information or permit the transfer to a third party of your personal information in connection with such promotion or contest. It will be disclosed at the point of collection or transfer who is collecting or transferring the information and whose privacy statement applies, and it will be your choice whether or not you wish to permit such transfer or collection of personal information to a third party.
2. What Does ArchivAll Do With Collected Information?
Opting-Out. Users can unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of various promotional e-mailings at any time by sending an e-mail to the same address, or by clicking on "unsubscribe" links in each of our newsletters or emails. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications such as acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages regarding the Site, address confirmations, and transactional information about your account, and we may not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications so long as you are registered with the Site.
Use of Other Information. We use non-PII about our users for purposes such as measuring the number of visitors to sections of our Site, making the Site more useful to visitors and delivering targeted advertising and non-advertising content. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site, track a user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiable use.
Retention of Information. We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Generally. Subject to the terms of this Policy, we reserve the right to the following worldwide: use, access (or bar access to), process, disclose, display, share, transfer, store, sell, retain, commingle, investigate, verify, prove, and otherwise deal with, voluntarily or as required by law, (collectively "Disclose") all PII, non-PII and other information. We may Disclose the foregoing internally to third parties or through any databases for any purpose not prohibited by this Policy or, in our discretion, to help prevent or address perceived harm, damage or loss to us or others or to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications (i.e. acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages, address confirmations, transactional information about your Account, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. However, we provide you with the opportunity to elect not to receive other types of communications, such as friend requests or the ArchivAll of the day messages. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving our ArchivAll of the day messages, you may opt out these messages by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or visiting the "Edit My Settings" page on the Site. You may also opt-out of receiving e-mail notifications of friend requests on this page.
3. Does ArchivAll Share Information With Other Parties?
We share information with third parties, but only as described in this Section 3.
- Advertisers and Others. We share non-personally identifiable information with advertisers, service providers, and other persons with whom we conduct business. Similarly, these advertisers, service providers, and other persons may share with us non-PII about you that they have independently gathered or acquired.
- Third Party Services. We contract with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties to provide services to us or to you on our behalf. Examples include providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, sending emails to you, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and analysing data. These third parties may have access to your PII for use solely in connection with these authorized business activities.
- Business Transfer. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or similar transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and your PII may be subject to such a transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, customer information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
- Affiliates. We may share PII, non-PII and other information with our corporate affiliates.
- Compliance and Safety. We may release user information when we believe release is appropriate to:
- comply with applicable law, and to respond to legal process, including subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, and to respond to or otherwise address written complaints of copyright infringement;
- make disclosures under programs intended to prevent potential crimes or investigate persons;
- enforce or apply agreements, including the Terms; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our Site, our users, or others, including exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. How Secure Is My Information?
Your Obligations. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Please sign off when finished using a shared computer. Your emails to us are not necessarily secure against interception so do not include sensitive information in them. We generally will not ask for passwords in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent. YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU REASONABLY CAN TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Our Security Measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of our users' information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your PII, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
5. What About Links to Other Sites?
The Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects your personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only to information collected by the Site.
We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately. If we make non-material changes, we will indicate at the top of this page the revised Policy's new effective date. If we make material changes, we will notify you by email or through notice on the home page of the Site, and will also indicate so at the top of this page. The material changes will take effect 30 days after such notice. We encourage you to refer to this Policy at least every 30 days to check for material changes to this Policy.
7. What If I Have Other Questions Or Concerns About Privacy Or This Policy?
Identity Theft. If you believe that you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at our Legal Notice address below and we will let you know what additional information you must provide to us. After we have received that information, we will supply without charge the information legally required to be disclosed that we then have, subject to applicable law and reserving all of our rights and defences.
Notice Required by Law. In those jurisdictions that permit email notice, if we are required to disclose or provide notice of invasion of certain security systems, we will do so by email to the most current email address provided by you to us. It is critical that you keep your email contact information correct and updated with us at all times.
Legal Notices. For customer service matters (including questions relating to this Policy), you may email us at email@example.com. To send us a legal notice, mail it by certified mail (return receipt requested) to: ArchivAll, 38-42 Cremorne St, Richmond 3121, Victoria, Australia. When we need to contact you, including when we give a legal notice, we may do so to an email address that we have on file for you or we may post notice on the Site. You must keep your email address information accurate. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will notify you by posting notice to the Site for at least 30 days and sending you an email to the email address that we have on record for you.